As noted above, Forth was built in 1926 by Andrew Barclay & Sons Ltd in Kilmarnock and was sent off to work for Edinburgh Corporation at Granton Gas Works moving coal for the production of the then called “town gas”. She was decommissioned in 1973 and transported to the Strathspey Railway before being acquired by the Lochty Private Railway.
Forth was restored to full working order by Lochty Private Railway and was put to good use there until its closure in 1992. As mentioned in the History section, most of the rolling stock from Lochty Private Railway was transferred to the Kingdom of Fife Railway Preservation Society. Forth was stored at Methil Power Station with the rest of the rolling stock whilst awaiting a permanent home. During this time she naturally fell into disrepair and when the marshalling yard at Leven became available she was transferred there in 2003.
Work began in earnest to restore her to her former glory and she made a blazing return to duties in 2016 when she became our regular Locomotive for Open Days. She is now painted in the colours of the Wemyss Coal Company – namely maroon with gold and black finishing.